Terms for colouring in prize draw
Terms and conditions
This document sets out the rules for this prize draw. Make sure you read them carefully and understand them all before you enter the draw.
1. Barclays UK is running a promotion (the “Promotion”), giving you a chance to win one main prize of a £100 Love2shop high-street voucher, a Micro:Bit device and micro-USB cable or one of five runner-up prizes of a Micro:Bit device and micro-USB cable, (the “Prize Draw”) between 28th September 2020 and 1st November 2020 (the “Promotional Period”).
Entrance to this prize draw is subject to these terms and conditions.
2. Barclays UK, “Barclays”, “we”, “us” and “ours” means Barclays Bank UK PLC
3. “Employee” for the purposes of this Prize Draw means a Full time or part time employee on a permanent or fixed term contract, or anyone undertaking an internship, sub-contracting role, or work placement with one of the following entities or their direct suppliers at the time of the draw:
a) Barclays Bank UK PLC
b) Barclays Bank PLC
c) Barclays Execution Services Limited
Who may enter?
4. You must be over 18 to submit an entry – all ages are welcome to participate, however those under 18 must ask a parent/guardian to enter of their behalf.
5. The Prize Draw is open to UK residents only, who meet the criteria set out in clause 9 of these Terms and Conditions.
6. You are not eligible for the Prize Draw if you are materially connected to the administration of the Prize Draw.
7. Entry is free.
8. You can enter the Prize Draw from 09:00 DST on 28th September 2020 until 23:59 GMT on 1st November 2020 (the “Promotional Period”). Entries made after this time will not be valid, even if they appear to be registered.
9. To be entered into the Prize Draw you must:
a) Complete the Barclays Code Playground prize draw colouring sheet, available from Barclays branches, Barclays.co.uk/digitaleagles or Barclayscodeplayground.co.uk. Upload a photo of the completed sheet to Barclays Digital Eagles social media channels and tag Barclays Digital Eagles into the post, using #BarclaysCodePlayground: LinkedIn (Barclays Digital Eagles), Facebook (@BarclaysDigitalEagles), Twitter (@Digitaleagles) and Instagram (@digitaleagles).
b) Follow Barclays Digital Eagles on the social media channel used to enter so that we can contact the winners via DM
c) Be a resident of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 or above.
10. Lost, delayed, undelivered, incomplete, entries made via third parties (excluding parent/guardian), or multiple entries will not be entered into the Prize Draw- One parent/guardian may submit entries for more than one child, providing the child’s first name is submitted with each entry, these will be classed as separate entries and will not be excluded as a multiple entry. Multiple entries from the same entrant with the same child’s name in the entry will be classed as a multiple entry and will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries which are not completed for any reason.
12. Entries with obscenities, of a defamatory nature, include any personal details (eg address or bank details), or infringe any third party rights will be excluded from the Prize Draw and may be deleted from the relevant social media channel.
13. There will be one (1) prize, and five (5) runner-up prizes.
a) The Prize Draw winner will win: A £100 Love2shop high-street voucher, a Micro:Bit device and micro-USB cable.
b) The runner-up prize draw winners will win: A Micro:Bit device and micro-USB cable.
- The Prize has no cash equivalent, no alternatives to the Prize will be offered. The Prize and participation in the Prize Draw cannot be exchanged or transferred, and may be subject to additional terms and conditions of Love2shop (further information can be found at https://www.love2shop.co.uk/site-tcs). However, in the event that the Prizes offered are unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
- Other than as set out in the terms and conditions of entry and below, you may not transfer the Prize to anybody.
- The Prize Draw winners are responsible for their own expenses incurred in connection with the Prize, including travel and accommodation expenses.
- The Promotor shall not be liable or responsible in case a winner should fail to use the Prize, for any reason whatsoever.
Selecting the Winners
18. The winners will be drawn at random at 10:00 GMT on 2nd November (the “Draw Date”) from all eligible entries.
19. if you wish to opt out of this prize draw or request that your data not be used in this way in future please follow the directions in clause 29 of these terms
20. Barclays will notify the winners via the social media channel used to enter by 17:00 GMT on 2nd November 2020.
21. The Promoter can replace any entrant selected as the winner if:
(a) the entrant does not respond to the email within seventy-two (72) hours after it has been sent by providing delivery details within the UK for their prize and/or;
(b) we reasonably believe that the entrant has broken one of these rules.
22. With the exception of any winner who has requested a suppression of their details under applicable data protection laws, the name and county of the winner(s) will be made available to anyone sending an email entitled ‘Code Playground prize draw winner enquiry’ to the following email address DigitalEagleHQ@barclays.com within twenty-eight (28) days of the published closing date.
23. Winners of this promotion can request for a suppression of any disclosure of their details subject to any requirements to share promotion prize winner’s information with relevant regulators or to fulfil a legal requirement. All winners will be offered this right at the point of the winning notification detailed in Clause 20.
24. The Promoter’s selection of the winner is final. No other correspondence will be entered into.
25. Barclays will only collect, store and use your personal information, such as name, age and basic contact details including email address, for the purposes of entering you into, administering, and promoting the Prize Draw as set out in these rules, and not for any other purpose without your consent. This will not affect any existing marketing preferences that you have registered with Barclays.
26. By entering the Prize Draw, you consent that your personal information may be transferred to our service providers and agents (including their sub-contractors) to store and use as necessary to administer the Prize Draw. Barclays will ensure that any third parties processing or storing your personal information for the Prize Draw, shall comply with the same data protection requirements as Barclays and this personal data will only be processed for the purposes of administering this Prize Draw. The winner of the Prize Draw consents that their personal information may be transferred to our service providers and agents (including their sub-contractors) to store and use as necessary to publicise the Prize Draw. If required, the winner of the Prize Draw consents to their personal address being transferred to a courier company/postal service for the purpose of delivering the Prize. We will never pass your information to any third party for them to use in their own direct marketing, without your consent.
27. Personal information for all entrants will be held on record for as short a period of time as necessary to administer the Promotion and then securely destroyed. Personal information for winner’s will be held on file for a period of up to one year to satisfy regulatory reporting requirements on prize giving activities in different jurisdictions.
29. To the extent permitted by law, Barclays will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered in connection with the Prize Draw (including any damage to your or any other person’s computer or mobile phone equipment as a consequence of downloading or accessing any materials), or any delays or failure (in whole or in part) to perform any of its obligations if such delay or failure is caused by something beyond its reasonable control.
30. The Prize Draws are not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn. You agree to release Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn from any liability associated with the Prize Draws.
31. This Prize Draw is not affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the third parties referenced in these terms and associated marketing, products or retailers featured in the prizes. Trademarks, logos and names of the third parties, products and retailers are the property of their respective owners.
32. To the extent that the Prize is viewed by HM Revenue & Customs as a taxable benefit-in-kind, Barclays will pay the full UK tax and social security liability arising on the associated benefit-in-kind on behalf of the winner(s). This will not affect the winning participants’ personal tax positions.
33. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter may choose to withdraw or amend the Prize Draw at any time.
34. By submitting an entry, you warrant that all information submitted as part of the entry is true, current and complete. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries.
35. These rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising in respect of this Prize Draw.
36. The Promoter is Barclays, 1 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5HP