Introduction to loops in Scratch - Barclays Code Playground
Key Stage: Key Stage 2 Coding Language: Scratch Resource type: Lesson plan + teacher guide
Creating clear and simple code makes fixing, or debugging, your code much easier and using loops to simplify your instructions is a great way to start writing efficient code. In this lesson get the class moving as they learn about loops through dance before moving on to create a drawing project using loops in Scratch.
Key resource information
- You will need:Laptops or desktop computers, access to https://scratch.mit.edu, music and enough space to dance.
- This lesson includes a physical activity.
Teaching assessment opportunities
- Have the class play each other’s animations and give feedback
- Did everyone use the same loop blocks?
- 45 minutes
- "I can explain what a loop is in computer programming, where I might use one and for what purpose”
- “I understand the operation of a process and its outcome. I can structure related items of information.”
- “I can demonstrate a range of basic problem solving skills by building simple programs to carry out a given task, using an appropriate language.”