Micro:bit - Introduction to loops - Barclays Code Playground
Key Stage: Key Stage 2 Coding Language: Micro:bit Resource type: Lesson plan + teacher guide
Creating clear and simple code makes fixing, or debugging, your code much easier. Using loops to simplify your instructions is a great way to start writing efficient code. In this lesson get the class moving as they learn about loops through dance, before moving on to create a simple game using loops and your micro:bit.
Key resource information
- You will need: Laptops or desktop computers, BBC micro:bits (one per computer), https://microbit.org, music and enough space to dance.
Teaching assessment opportunities
- Have the class play each other’s animations and give feedback
- Did everyone use the same loop blocks?
- 45 minutes
- "I can explain what a loop is in computer programming, where I might use one and for what purpose”
- “I understand the operation of a process and its outcome. I can structure related items of information.”
- “I can demonstrate a range of basic problem solving skills by building simple programs to carry out a given task, using an appropriate language.”.