A-maze-ing lesson plan
Key Stage: Key Stage 2 Coding Language: Scratch Resource type: Lesson plan
Key resource information
- You will need: Something to use a blindfold, pencil and paper, laptops or desktop computers, access to https://scratch.mit.edu
- This lesson includes a physical activity.
Teaching assessment opportunities
- Have the children try each other’s games and give feedback.
- What went well and what could we do to improve?
- 45 minutes
- “I understand the instructions of a visual programming language and can predict the outcome of a program written using the language.”
- “I can demonstrate a range of basic problem solving skills by building simple programs to carry out a given task, using an appropriate language.”
Introduction to loops
Creating clear and simple code makes fixing, or debugging, your code much easier and using loops to simplify your instructions is a great way to start writing efficient code. In this lesson get the class moving as they learn about loops through dance before moving on to create a drawing project using loops in Scratch.